HISTORY

The Vijayawada Gosamrakshana Sangham was established in the year 1928 and registered under Society Act with District Registrar, Machilipatnam vide the Registration No. 8/ 1928-29.

The like minded philanthropists, business men and Gobhakthas of Vijayawada and surrounding places started this Sangham with a great motto of sheltering, giving protection, feeding and serving deserted cows.

The Goshala had grown from a simple and small shed under the feet of Shri Kanakadurga matha of Vijayawada to a vast area with the courtesy of several donors and pilgrims. The generous contributions of the members of the sangham, business communities of Jains, Marvaris, Vysyas, farmers and others helped the growth of the sangham.

Presently the Goshala is spread to a 2-storied building at Vijayawada, housing about 125 heads of cows and a 6.5 Acres of land at Kothuru Thadepalli, 12 km away from Vijayawada with total 11 sheds to house 1300 heads of cows.

Goshala also owns 9 Acres of cultivable land for grass cultivation at Jakkampudi, 6 km from Vijayawada and about 20 Acres near Jaggaipet, 80 km from Vijayawada.

The sacred, holy and sanctified devotion of the management of the Sangham brought prestige and recognition to the Goshala and it has also turned into a Temple of Cows. Daily 100s of locals and pilgrims of Kanakadurga Temple visit and perform puja to the cows.